Tuesday, January 5, 2010

food in my hometown & my grandma dishes...

i stayed at my hometown again for a week after travelling to singapore and kl and what else can i do in my hometown? eat of course! lolx... i ate as much as i can before heading back to melbourne :)... it was sooo soo satisfying!

im just gonna introduce a few of the food that i ate when i was back to my hometown... the first one?? char koey teow (炒粿条) ... its some sort of fried flat rice noodles with eggs, mussels, prawns, beans sprout, chinese chives, garlic and chili sauce... my mouth is literally drooling even when i was just typing out the ingredients ~..~ ahhh how i missed char koey teow ....

next are pig's intestine in soy sauce (卤猪大肠) and pig's ears in soy sauce (卤猪耳)... the people at my hometown usually eat it with congee... and dipped it in chili sauce before eating it...

the third one is popiah (薄饼).. a sort of crepe thing filled with beans sprout, eggs, lettuce, fried tofu and chili sauce... its sort of like a snack for the local :)

finally.... my grandma's cooking!!! of course that's the best in the world!! no where on earth that has the best food which taste like homemade food as its not only delicious, it contains alot of love, memories and impulses that u picked up since you were young... its just and existing memory that can be seen, feel and touched...


No comments:

Post a Comment